Ever since the creation of Earth Day in the 1970’s, April has been marked as a month to promote awareness and show appreciation for the environment. According to earthday.org, more than 1 billion people now participate in Earth Day activities each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world. It’s not hard to believe since “going green” and “sustainability” continue to be big buzz words among almost every industry.
This Friday there are countless groups of people that will be spearheading committees to get outside and celebrate Earth Day with some hands-on activities. But what about those of you that aren’t able to leave the office? Here are some things you can do to go green at the office not just Friday, but every day!
- Replace all incandescent light bulbs with energy-efficient fluorescent light bulbs.
- Print on both sides of a page and use scrap paper for inter-office memos.
- Install a water filtering system in the office to cut down on the use of bottled water.
- Turn off your computers and printers when you leave for the day.
- Bring your lunch to work in reusable containers.
- Order your office supplies from recycled materials.
- Use a reusable mug for your coffee…like your Vibrant Graphics Easy Traveler 😉
- Put office lights on a timer so they will automatically shut off if no one is in the room.
Even the smallest changes you can make around the office can have a big impact on the environment. Happy Earth Day!